Iyengar Yoga Mentorship Program
To qualify for introductory certification as an Iyengar yoga teacher involves rigorous training over a three to five year period, following a program based on an international syllabi and standards set by Yogacharya Sri B.K.S. Iyengar. Prerequisites for entering an Iyengar yoga teacher training program include attending regular classes with a certified teacher of Iyengar yoga for a minimum of three years, having an established personal yoga practice, and being recommended by a recognized Iyengar yoga teacher.
Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.
Throughout the course of their training, teacher trainees work to:
- Develop maturity in their personal practice of asana and pranayama;
- Establish an understanding of the techniques of asana and the pranayama for teaching purposes;
- Gain proficiency in teaching skills under the direction of qualified training teachers;
- Acquire a basic education in anatomy;
- Develop a working knowledge of the philosophical basis of Patanjali’s astanga yoga system in accordance with the teachings of BKS Iyengar;
- Learn the precautions that need to be followed while teaching students with common injuries and physical conditions like menstruation or high blood pressure.
Workshops and training sessions for the Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training program (IYTT/Edm) are held at the Family Yoga Centre (FYC). Training sessions are only for registered Teachers-in-Training (TIT) . All other asana and pranayama workshops are open to experienced Iyengar yoga students or on recommendation by their teacher.
For more information regarding the teacher training program contact the studio at 780-465-4668 or email email@example.com
For information about programs at the Family Yoga Centre please call 465-4668 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org