Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
What to consider before you arrive:
- Which class should you register in? Please check out our class description page to see the variety of classes we offer. If you have further questions contact us directly.
- Advance Registration is required.
- We cannot offer any refunds.
- Registering for part of the term? If there is space available you can start part way through a term.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or scented lotions. Many people are sensitive or allergic to fragrances and scents.
- Avoid having a regular meal before a class. If you need to, have a light snack, fruit, juice, tea or coffee an hour before or between classes. Yoga is best done on an empty stomach. It is recommended that you wait two to three hours after a heavy meal before doing yoga.
- Wear comfortable and modest clothing. It is preferable for the instructor to be able to see a clear outline of your legs, including knees and ankles. Feet are bare in yoga practice.
- Not flexible? You have the best reason to come to a yoga class! Iyengar yoga teachers know how to modify postures to suit your body’s needs and your flexibility will grow with a regular yoga practice.
- Please do not attend class if you are unwell.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early and be sure that you have registered for the class in advance.
- Turn off your cellular phone before entering the studio to avoid distraction during class to yourself and others. If you expect an emergency call, put your phone on vibrate mode and inform the instructor.
- Please wear your mask, and bring your own mat , strap and blankets for sitting on and for shoulderstand.
- Please limit the personal items you take into the studio—space is limited. Leave coats and shoes at the front entrance, and extra clothing in the cubbyholes provided. No change rooms are available so please arrive ready for yoga!
In the studio:
- Place your mat on the sticker marked on the floor to ensure you are the mandatory 2 metres from the next mat.
- Inform your instructor of any injuries or medical conditions. Ladies, let your instructor know when you have your menstrual period. Your instructor may advice you to modify certain poses or give you a special practice.
- During the class take bathroom breaks in the transition from one pose to another and after the instructor has demonstrated and explained the next pose. Please use the bathroom only if necessary. The bathroom will be cleaned after each class
- Any props you use from the studio will need to be sanitized. Please take direction from you teacher about that.
- While everyone in a class will be challenged to participate fully, this is not a competitive environment. Honour your limitations. Listen to your body. Cultivate patience and attention. This is a life long journey.